Thursday, October 25, 2012

When Unique is Oh So Normal

Part of the fun of this project is that the more I tell others about building a home with materials that don't emit toxins, the more I hear about people that have experienced similar instances. Get this, some of these people have been acquaintances for years!  Some have found partial solutions.  Some have found no solutions (yet).

I've had the privilege of learning about other people's lives and how when they updated part of their home or apartment affected their children, and/or themselves, and/or pets.  I hadn't even originally thought of pets until two other people mentioned it!

Suddenly my (and my son's) chemical allergies that, at first, seemed so incredibly unique, now seem so incredibly normal.  Which is good news and bad news. The good news that we're not alone in experiencing this, and the bad news is... that we're not alone in experiencing this.  It's a big problem that is often detected after significant health deterioration has happened.

More good news - I love good news  - there is opportunity in crisis.  If you feel like crap and don't know why, check out what's in your home.  You CAN do something about it.

(To subscribe to this feed, click on the "Links to this Post" in the grey box below, or "Subscribe to" button along the right side of this page.)

No comments:

Post a Comment